At UF, we’re building a stronger community, one connected across disciplines and committed to helping others achieve better. As part of this community, you have access to programs and support, which means you don’t have to go it alone.
Request Transfer of Credits
As a student, all official communication is sent to your UFL email account. Please make sure you are checking your email regularly for important course updates, messages, and information about clearing holds and registering.
Your GatorLink username makes up the first part of the UFL email address (the part before @ufl.edu). Your UF email can be set up two weeks after you have been admitted to the program.
- To access your UFL Office 365 mail please visit https://outlook.com/ufl.edu and sign in with your GatorLink username and password
- You may need to update your UF email
- If you need additional information in regard to this service, visit https://wiki.helpdesk.ufl.edu/FAQs/EmailLists OR call 352-392-4357 (HELP)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS
Please read this ENTIRE page and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Failure to do so could result in not graduating or receiving your diploma.
Applying to graduate: In order to graduate, you MUST apply to graduate in Student Self Service by the deadline posted on the Critical Dates page. How to submit the degree application: Please click on the following link to submit your graduation application in Student Self Service: https://student.ufl.edu. Click on “My Record” on the left side of the page, click on “degree application,” and provide the requested information. You need to pick “Master of Science.” UF Registrar – Degree Application
Qualifying to graduate: In order to graduate, you must meet the following conditions:
- Completion of all required courses and necessary electives
- Only courses completed with a grade of C or higher can be counted toward a degree or graduate certificate
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- If you have an Incomplete in any course, please contact your instructor immediately to ensure completion of the coursework on time.
- If you are not sure if you meet the above qualifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you do not owe the university any money! Satisfy all financial obligations (fines, tickets, fees, etc.) with the University Bursar. Your final grades, transcripts and diploma will not be released until all debt are paid. All emergency or short-term loans from the college and university must also be paid before graduation. You can view and pay any current charges due on Student Self Service under University Bursar.
Did you receive financial aid? If you received financial aid, you will need to complete an exit interview. Your final grades, transcripts and diploma will not be released until this is done.
Follow these instructions to complete an exit interview:
- Go to Student Self Service
- Click on “Financial Services” from the Online Services menu on the left
- Click on “Exit Counseling Student Loan”
- If you don’t remember your pin, call loan services at 352-392-0737
The commencement ceremony: Check the Registrar’s website (http://www.registrar.ufl.edu/commencement/) for important information regarding the commencement ceremony, including the schedule, information for graduates, information for guests, and more. You do not have to attend the graduation ceremony in order to graduate.
Graduates attending commencement need to order and pick up their caps, gowns and hoods from the University of Florida Visitor Center/Bookstore. Information regarding cap, gown and hood rental can be found here: http://www.bsd.ufl.edu/G1C/bookstore/graduation.asp.
- When picking up your regalia from the Bookstore, make sure you receive a gown, cap, tassel and hood.
- Please be sure to return your gown and hood to the bookstore at the UF Welcome Center after graduation. The cap and tassel are yours to keep. Do not leave your gown or hood on a chair or table somewhere without checking it in. Failure to turn in your gown or hood will result in the withholding of your diploma and transcripts by the university.
Diplomas: Diplomas will not be handed out at graduation. The Office of the University Registrar will mail diplomas to your permanent address on file with the University of Florida approximately 8 to 10 weeks after graduation. Diplomas measure 11 ¾” high by 16” wide.
Make sure your permanent address is correct in the UF Directory by following these steps:
- Log into MyUFL
- Under Main Menu, My Account
- Select Update Directory Information
Announcements: Graduation announcements can be purchased from the following website: http://www.herffjones.com/uf/
The course delivery system currently used is known as Canvas. Students can access assignments, readings, quizzes and tests, and pre-recorded content using this system. Interactive discussion boards are available 24-hours per day for students to engage in scholarly discussions with classmates and instructors. Students can monitor their progress in a given course using an interactive gradebook tool.
During the registration process you will be asked to create a GatorLink account. The GatorLink login and password you create is what you will use to access e-Learning. A couple weeks before classes start detailed instructions will be sent out to assist you with accessing your classes.
If it is before the drop/add deadline, students may drop their course without fee liability. The fees will be refunded and the course will not appear on the student’s transcript. If it is after the drop/add deadline, students may still drop their course(s), but the fees will not be refunded and the student will be assigned a W for each course on their transcript.
- You cannot drop your course in Student Self Service. If you drop your course in Student Self Service you will still be liable for tuition.
- You cannot drop your course by contacting your course instructor.
Withdrawing from a Course
If it is after the drop/add deadline and a student requests to drop their course it will be considered a withdrawal.
The student will be liable for all course tuition and a “W” will appear on his or her transcripts.
You must email a request to the registration team at email@example.com, who will send direct instructions to you.
Students may need enrollment verification to prove to a loan company or employer that they are enrolled in courses.
Master’s degree students are eligible for private and federal loans. Non-degree seeking and graduate certificate students are not eligible for federal financial aid but might be eligible for private loans.
Students seeking Federal Student Loans should complete must complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. Financial aid applicants are responsible for ensuring the timely completion of several steps through FAFSA and UF’s Student Self Service in order for funds to be disbursed by the tuition due date.
Minimum credits for eligibility for financial aid:
- Fall and Spring semesters: 5 credits
- Summer semester: 4 credits
Every semester a Registration Preparation Hold, Local Address Information Hold, and Emergency Contact Hold are placed on all University of Florida student accounts. These holds need to be cleared by the student before the student can have access to his or her course(s).
Please follow these instructions to clear the hold(s):
- Go to Student Self Service.
- Click onto the heading “My Record” on the top left of the Student Self Service screen.
- Click on “Holds.”
- Follow the directions to clear the Registration Preparation and Emergency Contact Hold.
- Log out of Student Self Service completely, close your browser, and then log back in to Student Self Service to verify that the hold was successfully removed.
If you have an Immunization Hold, it does not apply to you. You do not need to have your immunization records sent to the University of Florida. The distance education registration team will ask the University of Florida registrar to have this hold removed for you internally. If you have any additional holds please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distance Education and UF Online Students enjoy the same library privileges as on-campus students.
|Incompletes are only awarded under specific circumstances and at the discretion of the instructor and can be requested after the drop/add deadline at any point in the semester.
UF Software Licensing Services
Recommended Web Browsers
File Viewers and Plug-ins
MS Office Viewers
If you are unable to resolve your problem and still require technical assistance, please do not hesitate to send an email at email@example.com.
Transcripts are not automatically sent to the student after each term and must be requested by the student.
To gain access to unofficial transcripts:
For official transcripts:
Tuition is $575 per credit hour plus fees for all students, regardless of location. This tuition rate is subject to change. Our program does not accept the UF EEP or Florida State Tuition Waiver. We are a self-supporting program and do not receive funds from these programs. M.S. students will pay Capital Improvement/Technology/Financial Aid fees. Non-degree students will pay Capital Improvement/Technology fees.
Students may pay tuition via credit card, electronic check, or paper check. Note that a processing fee is assessed for credit card payments. Payments can be made approximately three weeks before the semester begins. We will communicate payment instructions once UF has loaded tuition into the system.
All non-degree, graduate certificate, and master’s degree students can receive benefits from the G.I. Bill or V.A. Tuition Assistance.
If it is after the drop/add deadline and a student requests to drop their course, it will be considered a withdrawal. The student will be liable for all course tuition and a W will appear on his or her transcripts.
Students must email a request to the registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will send any necessary paperwork and direct instructions.