Please complete all three steps to complete your application to the Forensic Medicine Distance Education Program.
Contact us with any questions!
|Step One:||Mandatory Department Form|
|Step Two:||Non-Degree Application|
|Step Three:||Register for Courses|
Applications and all application materials must be received by the final application deadline for the semester you are applying to.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the application or related procedures.
Please fill out the form below if you are applying to the University of Florida’s Forensic Medicine Distance Education Program.
Complete the UF Non-Degree Application
- Click link/create log in – https://my.admissions.ufl.edu/apply/
- Start New Application
- Select an application type (*this is the year you want to start class. Example, if it is Dec 2020, but you want to start class Jan 7, 2021, the application type would be 2021 Application Year.)
- Select application – non-degree
- Fill in Personal Background, Conduct Information, Application Details
- When they get to Non-degree Course Request, fill in Non-Degree Special Program
- Choose “THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE – Forensic Medicine Nondegree” in the “College” dropdown box
- Term of Registration
- Reason you are requesting admission as a non-degree student (For example: to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, requirement for work, etc.).
- Special Program (College of Vet = Vet forensics, shelter medicine or wildlife; College of Med = forensic medicine)
- How many courses
- Course information: please enter n/a in the first prefix and number (both) fields. You will have the opportunity to select your course(s) after submitting the non-degree application via a registration link that will be emailed to you.
- Academic History
- Florida Residency Declaration – The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the “Residency Information” section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- If you are not located in the United States please type in “Not Applicable” in the area asking for US VISA information.
- When you click on Yes… about 4 more pages of text pop up for applicants to fill in, submit supporting documents and sign.
- Review and submit!
- If you already have a UFID please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID.
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from our office or the Office of the University Registrar regarding your application, you must respond.
*You must submit this application again if you wish to take courses in subsequent semesters.
The English Language Skill Requirement
If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School’s list of English speaking countries.
Having the TOEFL or English Language Test sent to the University of Florida as a non-degree student
Non-degree applicants who are required to take the TOEFL must send a scan or photocopy of their TOEFL score report directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you apply to our certificate or master’s degree programs after taking non-degree coursework, we must have official TOEFL scores sent. We cannot accept unofficial scores for certificate or master’s applicants; only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS, to the UF Office of Admissions are acceptable (school code: 5812). Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents when applying to the certificate or master’s degree. There is no exception.
Minimum TOEFL Scores Required
To be considered for the non-degree, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Required Score|
We will begin processing non-degree applications once registration opens for that semester. Please check our critical dates here: Critical Dates. If approved, we will email you with instructions on how to submit a registration request.