Instructor: Dr. Suzanne Utley
This course will explain the differences between trauma to soft tissue and trauma to bone and how to distinguish between each. Ante-, peri-, or post-mortem trauma will be compared to natural taphonomic effects and animal scavenging.
- Explain the differences between sharp force trauma, blunt force trauma, and gunshot wounds in the human body.
- Know the differences between trauma to soft tissue and trauma to bone.
- Distinguish between ante- or peri-mortem trauma and post-mortem trauma.
- Distinguish between trauma and animal scavenging or predation.
- Understand the principles of taphonomy and how trauma differs.
|Module 1||Trauma to Soft Tissue – Sharp Force|
|Module 2||Trauma to Soft Tissue – Blunt Force|
|Module 3||Trauma to Soft Tissue – Gunshot Wounds|
|Module 4||Trauma to Bone – Sharp Force|
|Module 5||Trauma to Bone – Blunt Force|
|Module 6||Trauma to Bone – Gunshot wounds|
|Module 7||Animal Scavenging and Predation|
|Module 8||Environmental Taphonomic Changes|
|Module 9||Trauma to Bone vs. Environmental Taphonomy|